Do you or a family member have a hard time getting around because you have to travel in a wheelchair? A wheelchair accessible van might be the right choice for you. Although not the most glamorous vehicle around, you could be rolling in style depending on the van itself. There are a lot of different options when it comes to handicap accessible vans; the most common option is a wheelchair accessible minivan. A wheelchair accessible van is modified to allow a wheelchair or scooter user to drive their mobility equipment directly into the handicap accessible vehicle with no assistance. The dropped floors make it easy for entry and exits. There are even options that allow a person to ride safely as a front passenger area or even drive from their wheelchair.
Keep These In Mind When Shopping For A New Handicap Van:
– Write down what features you want and need, so you can accurately compare the cost differences
– Take into consideration how you are going to transport the whole family.
– Will the adaptive equipment that needs to be transported change over time?
– What’s the age of the user and caregivers?
– Whats your budget?
– Talk with certified consultants to explain features and benefits, and guide you through the whole wheelchair van conversion buying process.
– Purchase your new or used handicap van from a certified dealer
– Rent and test drive before you buy.